What is a Disabled Person's Railcard?
The card entitles you to save money when travelling by rail. You can get 1/3 off adult rails fares for yourself and a friend who is travelling with you.
You can get a discount on tickets for travelling at any time of day.
When visiting London, you can also register your Railcard to an Oyster card and receive 1/3 off pay as you go, daily caps and single fares on National Rail, DLR and the London Underground.
How much does it cost?
The Railcard costs £20 for one year or you can buy a three year card for £54.
Am I eligible?
If you have a disability that makes travelling by train difficult, the Disabled Person's Railcard is for you.
To qualify you must meet one of the following conditions:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- * the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- * the higher or middle rate for the care componenthave a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receieve War or Service Person's Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
You will need to privode proof of eligibility in order to obtain a Disabled Person's Railcard.