North Lincolnshire Council have now launched their Suicide Prevention Strategy [PDF, 1Mb].
This local Suicide Prevention Strategy reflects the latest national information, evidence and guidance on improving mental health and preventing suicide for the population.
In order to support suicide prevention, six key areas for action have been identified:
- Reduce the risk of suicide in key high-risk groups
- Tailor approaches to improve mental health in specific groups
- Reduce access to the means of suicide
- Provide better information and support to those bereaved or affected by suicide
- Support the media in delivering sensitive approaches to suicide and suicidal behaviour.
- Support research, data collection and monitoring
This local strategy provides the foundation for the further development of the current Suicide Prevention Action Plan for North Lincolnshire.
Places are currently available on SafeTALK and ASIST training, see documents section for flyers which detail what each course covers and how to book.