Skip to content
Please review and correct the information below.

Home Grants

Funding for repairs or improvements

Home Grants are a type of financial assistance that are available from the Council for disabled people to adapt their homes, and for people to ensure they are living in a home which is safe and free from any hazards. We prioritise those who most need assistance due to age, vulnerability, and those with certain health conditions. To read more about the conditions and details of the grants, see the North Lincolnshire Council website.

Disabled Facilities Grants

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) help pay for adaptations to your home in order to help you live more independently. The grant only provides funding for necessary and appropriate adaptations that are needed to meet the needs of the disabled person, and those which are reasonable, taking into consideration the age and condition of the property. For example, it would not fund adaptations you do not need, nor would it fund adaptations that could result in damage to the property. The kind of adaptations it can fund include (but are not limited to) things such as stair lifts, access ramps, access to bathing facilities, and heating and lighting controls.

Home Appreciation Loan

The Council can also provide a loan between £2,000 and £10,000 to help people with the cost of works that impact their health or safety. You only have to repay the loan when you no longer own your home, for example, when you sell it. If you wish to apply for home assistance, you can visit this section on the council website.

Loans for minor works

The Home Cheque Loan is a loan between £500 and £2,000 to carry out minor works, such as to replace faulty boilers. The loan is available to vulnerable home-owners, or tenants who have the responsibility to maintain their home, such as elderly people, or people on low income or in poor health. This loan is re-payable; however, it has a lower interest rate than with other lenders for similar amounts.

Last reviewed: 20/08/2019

Go back to...

You might also be interested in...


Occupational Therapy